I thought this WS was very useful in terms of developing not only clinical tools to improve our work as clinicians, but also to develop truly useful competencies as human beings. It is very important to experience connectedness with us and I think that participating in this encounter has helped me grow a bit more in my journey as a human being. Thank you!
Thank you for this wonderful and insightful workshop! I’ve really appreciated your kindness, wisdom and commitment to be helpful to us! In such a short time, I’ve learned a lot! A must-do workshop for all Compassion Focused Therapy lovers. Congrats! When is the next one?
- The sound research and theoretical and evidence-based approach
- The experiential practices
- The structure of the workshop by levels of depth
- The exercises and 1 on 1 interviews
- the facilitators: Marcela and Stan
- the absolute accessible language
- the opportunities to interact and share
- the experiential practices concerning shame and compassion.
The WS was extremely enriching and relevant because the facilitators were able to combine the theory with experiential practices, which is not always easy.
The exercises were clear and conveyed the importance of compassion to work with shame experiences/memories. Thank you!”
“Great imagery exercises! Only important research data was provided in a very clear way. It was great to draw conclusions to clinical practice from our own shame experiences.”
- I enjoyed thus WS very much. It linked beautifully well the themes of compassion and shame memories. I didn’t know much about the themes and this WS not only met but exceeded my expectations.
- It provided tools to use in clinical practice
- it allowed to learn how to work with difficult personal experiences
- the communication as very clear and the articulation between facilitators, themes and practices was great.
- I feel it was extremely worth it to do this WS. Congratulations and thank you!
This is a very well structured and conducted WS, extremely dynamic and interactive. The structure flows very well, starting with theory and moving to practice. The exercises were very pertinent and the shared reflection moments were extremely important to understand that we aren’t in fact alone in our difficult emotional experiences and we share the same emotions/difficulties. Many thanks and congratulations for the excellent job done!”
Strengths & Qualities:
- the presenters were very good at communicating the content and their reflections
- the content was very interesting and eye opening
- some of the exercises made me feel closer to my patients, by allowing is to put ourselves in their shoes
- helpful to identify our own shame experiences and how to deal with them using compassion.
I think the WK was conducted in a very nice and competent way. The facilitators created a great dynamic between the group and the exercises made clear the impact that our shame experiences may have and how compassion is key in working with them. I leave the WS with novel ideas and important tools to work with my patients and for my research projects.
Strengths and qualities:
Really enjoyed the practical exercises and allowing participants to get in touch with they shamed and compassionate selves. Also really enjoyed the feedback and contextualizing different experiences in light of the shame model and CFT approach and in the clinical setting. Really good energy and delivery.”
It was important that the WS allied theory and practice since it contextualized the exercises and facilitated their understanding. The strong research base supported the relevance of integrating the theme in the clinical work with the patients.
The experiential exercises allowed for the experience of emotions and underlying motivations. The possibility of stimulating this in us, as therapists, is very important as it facilitates the training of clinical competencies and the embodiment of compassion in our lives and work.
The materials provided in the workbook were extremely valuable.
Thank you for sharing these experiences